Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

Class Feedback and Plan

I showed my trailer to the class and the feedback I got was mainly positive. The comments on what didn't work were that the title of the film in the credits need to be on screen for longer which is simple to change.
They also commented that the plot needs to be better explained and it was only understood after watching the trailer the second time. This could be considered good or bad because it would mean that an audience would be interested enough to watch the trailer again and perhaps the film but it would be better to have the plot understood initially so that there is not a lack of interest in the film because the plot is not clear.
I think one of the factors that makes the plot unclear and also another comment made about the trailer is that the narrater at the beginning does not speak clear enough so it can not be heard what he is saying concerning the plot.
To solve this problem I am going to try two different things and see which one is most effective. I could re-record the narration and maybe even use a different person to try and make it clearer and then through doing that I could also change the scripting so the plot is simply understood. Another option I am going to try is using words on a screen to describe the plot in a direct and easy way. I'm hoping that by doing this it will also help the audience know the genre of the film as they said it looked like an action film rather than a dark fantasy. Without special effects I am relying on the plot to carry the idea of the genre.
The positive comments were about the music and how it fits well with the action of the trailer and the feel of the trailer, also that the imagery was very intriguing and would make an audience want to watch it which is a very good thing as that is the purpose of a teaser trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment